Good news iOS users! The big Google Maps update that hit the Android Play Store last week is now rolling out to Apple’s mobile platform. The update, which brings the app to version 2.0, contains a number of new features including iPad support and indoor maps.
Although Apple’s Maps application has significantly improved in recent months, many folks still prefer to use Google’s offering. And since it launched its standalone Maps app on iOS last December, users have been clamoring for an iPad version. Well, here it is…
For a while, the update was available in certain Asian countries, but it couldn’t be downloaded in the United States. In fact, the Google Maps app was gone altogether for a while.
The Google Maps 2.0 update is now showing in the US App Store. Here’s the full change log:
– New design for iPad
– Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates and incident reports
– Explore: A new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
– Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
– Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
– Indoor maps with walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more
If you haven’t yet, you can find the new version of Google Maps in the App Store, for free.