As you’ve probably noticed, Apple has been taking a lot of criticism over the new Maps application in iOS 6. Google Maps has been replaced in the software, in favor of Apple’s own in-house mapping solution. And for most people it’s just not up to snuff.
The company commented on the criticism yesterday, telling AllThingsD that because it’s a cloud-based solution, Maps will get better as more people use it. But if you aren’t buying that, or just want to speed the process along, here’s what to do…
The process to report a problem in the new Maps application is pretty simple, and the information will certainly help Apple out.
- Launch the Maps app and tap the page curl in the bottom right
- Tap the Report a Problem link that sits above the Print button
- Select the type of problem you’ll be reporting, or, if you don’t see yours listed, enter your own, and tap Next.
- Choose the the type of item giving you a problem and again, tap Next.
- Add any further comments you may have, and then tap Send.
And that’s all there is to it. A team of engineers will investigate your issue when they can, and hopefully it will be fixed in the not-so-distant future.
You can also use the same above method to add a new location or business to Apple’s database. Just select Location is Missing when you’re on step #3, and drag the purple pin to the right spot. Then enter in the applicable information and tap Send.
Just imagine, if everyone with iOS 6, or even half of them, did this every time they came across an error or missing location, Maps would improve rather quickly.
[Image via TheAmazingiOS6Maps]