Facebook has released a gigantic update for its iOS app. Facebook 3.5 is now available in the App Store, and it brings a slew of bug fixes and new features to the iPhone/iPod touch app. Unfortunately, an official iPad app is still not available.
This newest Facebook app update focuses on new tools that make it easier to share with your friends. Bugs with delayed notifications and photo display glitches have also been fixed. It’s expected that Facebook will release its official iPad app very soon, with version 3.5 being the last update before an iPad counterpart is made available…
What’s New in Version 3.5
Made it easier to share with who you want
– Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
– Added the ability to share external links from a web view
– Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
– Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
Improvements and bug fixes:
– Improved Notifications speed
– Fixed a number of Chat bugs
– Made it easier to select filters in News Feed
– Fixed a bug with the Notifications bar disappearing
– Fixed a number of Photos bugs
– Improved performance and stability overall
While version 3.5 does bring many welcomed additions to the Facebook app, users have been clamoring for an iPad version for years. The most logical train of thought is that version 3.5 is the last incremental update before the big 4.0 that will inevitably be launched at Facebook’s upcoming conference on September 22.
Jailbreakers will remember the hack that was discovered for enabling the hidden Facebook for iPad app inside of the current iPhone version. After Facebook blocked the bypass, a jailbreak tweak called FaceForward was released to permanently enable the hack for those that had performed it before Facebook shut the door.
The 3.5 update to the Facebook app breaks the FaceForward jailbreak tweak, meaning that jailbreakers will no longer have access to the hidden iPad version. If you accidentally upgraded to Facebook 3.5, you’re out of luck for the time being.
Looks like it’s time to get that iPad version out officially, Facebook! We’ve got our calendars set for the 22nd.