To quote the Dev Team “This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!”
Here are more details surrounding the beta release of Redsn0w:
- This is a Mac only beta, unfortunately Windows users will have to be patient.
- It’s only for the iPhone 4, or the iPad or iPod Touch 4G
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file
- You must have usbmuxd software installed on your Mac.
- Bluetooth is disabled
- iPod player doesn’t work on the iPhone 4 or the iPad
- Application switcher will cause a crash
Those three bugs alone are likely deal breakers for most of all of you, and those are just the known issues. That, coupled with the fact that it’s still in beta, and not general release, is the reason why we recommend you all to hold off, and be patient.
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.7b1 from our downloads section. We’ll get a tutorial up in the next few hours.
Let the Dev Team do their thing, and we’re sure they’ll have a great public release in the very near future.
Are you going to wait it out?