In this tutorial, we’ll talk about why to do this and how.
Setting up a buddy Pokémon is a good idea, especially for rarer Pokémon, because it allows you to earn candy for that Pokémon simply by walking.
The distance you need to walk differs depending on the Pokémon, and it’s not necessarily a fast process, but it’s still better than having to try your luck at finding certain Pokémon in the wild.
To set a Pokémon as a buddy, you will need to follow these steps:
1) Launch the Pokémon GO app and tap on your character’s icon in the bottom left of the game:
2) Next, tap on the Menu button at the bottom right of your character interface:
3) Next, tap on the Buddy option:
4) You will now need to select a Pokémon from your Pokémon inventory to set as your buddy, so pick one by tapping on it:
5) The game will now confirm that you’ve selected a Pokémon to be your buddy, so tap on the Check Mark button to confirm:
And you’re all set. Now the Pokémon you selected will appear next to you in the game as your ‘buddy,’ and you will collect candies for that Pokémon by simply walking around:
If you selected the wrong Pokémon at first, or you decide you’ve changed your mind later on, don’t fret. All you have to do is follow these steps all over again and you will be able to select a new Pokémon to be set as your in-game buddy.
What Pokémon have you chosen to be your buddy? Share in the comments!