Back in March, Blizzard launched its digital card trading game ‘Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft’ on the Mac, and as promised, it has brought the game to iOS. The title soft-launched for iPad earlier this month, and now it’s available in App Stores worldwide.
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, for those unfamiliar with it, is a strategy card game set in the Warcraft universe. Players compete in 1v1 battles—either against the computer or via Battle.net—in an effort to grow the size and power of their card collections…
From the App Store description:
DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE. INSANELY FUN.
Pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield. Whether it’s your first strategy game, or you’re an experienced pro, the depth and charm of Hearthstone will draw you in.
And some of the game’s top features:
– Jump right in: Fun introductory missions bring you into the world of Hearthstone’s intuitive gameplay.
– Build your deck: With hundreds of additional cards to win and craft – your collection grows with you.
– Hone your skills: Play in practice matches against computer-controlled heroes of the Warcraft universe. Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan – they’re all here!
– Collections travels with you: Your card collection is linked to your Battle.net account – enabling you to switch your play between tablet and desktop with ease.
– And fight for glory: When you’re ready, step into the Arena and duel other players for the chance to win awesome prizes!
And finally some gameplay footage:
Obviously, with it being of the free-to-play variety, the game is littered with in-app purchases, but it has a 5-star rating. If strategy card battles are your thing, it doesn’t look like you’ll be disappointed by Hearthstone. Grab it now from the App Store for free.