Iron Man 3, the movie, is premiering today in select few market outside the United States. Even though the flick won’t hit silver screens in the US until May 3, French games developer Gameloft today released the official game of the third movie on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. As previously mentioned, Iron Man 3 is a free-to-play download, increasingly the norm these days.
Hopefully, it won’t constantly ask for cash as Gameloft’s recently released Dungeon Hunter 4 does. You can download the Iron Man 3 universal binary for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices from the App Store. A build for Android devices is available from Google’s Play Store.
I’ve included a few screenshots and the launch trailer right after the break…
The game files as an endless runner and has you playing the eccentric billionaire inventor Tony Stark. Closely following the script of the third-installment of the movie franchise, Iron Man 3 is all about a bunch of suits you’ll be using, including an enhanced version of Stark Industry’s Arc Reactor with its infamous repulsor blasts.
From YouTube description:
Fight against 4 super villains in Iron Man 3 – The official game of the third movie. The forces of A.I.M. are once again plotting to control the world and you are the only one, as Iron Man, to stand against them!
Check out the screenies.
That’s some juicy graphics right there, no?
– Fight around the world against rising A.I.M. forces
– Discover 3 different locations offering endless, self-generating levels: Malibu Shores, New York City, and China
– Confront 4 epic villains from the Iron Man comics: Crimson Dynamo, Ezekiel Stane, Living Laser, and the mighty M.O.D.O.K.
– Complete various missions in fast-paced flying battles, and in epic one-on-one confrontations
– Unleash Iron Man’s power with amazingly responsive swipe controls
– Enjoy an outstanding 3D world with cutting-edge graphics and animations
– Research and develop up to 18 suits from the different movies (Mark II, Mark 42, Silver Centurion, etc.)
– Upgrade your armors and powers in the research lab to wipe out your enemies
Here’s your trailer.
If you can’t get enough of Tony Stark, Disneyland is luring park guests beginning May 13 with tours of Tony Stark’s Hall of Armor.
The Mickey Mouse house-owned theme-park resort says park visitors will be able to virtually suit themselves up and see what it’s like to operate the latest pieces of the Mark 42 Iron Man armor through cutting-edge simulation technology.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.