With version 1.7, FireCore has added a number of new features and enhancements to the list, including trakt.tv integration and a new Ratings system. Keep reading for the full change log…
For those who aren’t familiar with trakt.tv, it’s essentially a (free) service that automatically tracks the movies and TV shows you watch, and then provides you with recommendations based on the recorded data.
Other changes include:
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) – an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added ‘Update All’ option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
As always, the update is available for free to current aTV Flash (black) owners. Otherwise, new users can purchase the software for $29.99 from FireCore’s website.
Unfortunately, all this only applies to ATV 2 owners, as the ATV 3 is still yet to be hacked.
This article is brought to you by Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.