With version 1.7, FireCore has added a number of new features and enhancements to the list, including trakt.tv integration and a new Ratings system. Keep reading for the full change log…
For those who aren’t familiar with trakt.tv, it’s essentially a (free) service that automatically tracks the movies and TV shows you watch, and then provides you with recommendations based on the recorded data.
Other changes include:
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) – an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added ‘Update All’ option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
As always, the update is available for free to current aTV Flash (black) owners. Otherwise, new users can purchase the software for $29.99 from FireCore’s website.
Unfortunately, all this only applies to ATV 2 owners, as the ATV 3 is still yet to be hacked.