TrollStore, the .ipa file perma-signing utility for iOS & iPadOS 14.0-15.1.1 by iOS developer Opa334, received an update on Friday bringing that brings the tool up to version 1.0.8.
The .ipa perma-signing capabilities mean that users are able to install apps and sign them indefinitely with TrollStore without having to sign them either ever seven days or every year, depending on the type of developer account the user possesses.
According to the change log published on the project’s official GitHub page, TrollStore v1.0.8 brings with it the following changes:
- Makes apps installed via TrollStore appear as if they’re ad-hoc signed
- Removes Apple-owned URL schemes when installing apps to prevent apps from breaking system functionality. If apps breaking this rule are already installed, they will need to be reinstalled after updating to TrollStore v1.0.8.
- Prevents deletion of group containers when another app still uses it
- Fixes a small file permission problem when signing certain .ipa files
- Adds a pop-up when tapping and holding on an app in the list with an option to uninstall
- Improves code and makes error messages more detailed
This update is obviously recommended for all existing TrollStore users and is available from the GitHub releases page. The developer has also shared a quick OTA update link via Twitter for those looking to save some time.
It’s important to note that while TrollStore does support iOS & iPadOS 14.0-15.1.1, all iOS & iPadOS 14 installations must be made via jailbreak, while all iOS & iPadOS 15.0-15.1.1 installations must be made by sideloading the TrollStore app and running it.
Have you updated to the latest version of TrollStore yet? Be sure to let us know in the comments section down below.