The Odyssey Team is out with a fresh update for the iOS & iPadOS 14-centric Taurine jailbreak tool this 4th of July evening, and it is being formally dubbed version 1.1.4.
The announcement, shared via the Odyssey Team’s official Twitter account, denotes that the update provides official support for the new taurine-permanent package launched just this weekend.
The new taurine-permanent package allows the Taurine jailbreak app to remain signed indefinitely. Once installed, users can boot into a non-jailbroken state and continue to use the Taurine app without ever having to re-sign it with AltStore or a signing service. It’s similar in many respects to the Fugu14 experience on uncover devices, however with support for all devices.
This package takes full advantage of a newly released PoC by Zhuowei Zhang. It remains to be seen if other sideloadable jailbreak apps will incorporate support for it or not, but it’s definitely something that jailbreakers will grow fond of as the re-signing process isn’t particularly convenient.
The full change log for Taurine 1.1.4 below:
- Adds support for taurine-permanent, to be able to access Taurine even while unjailbroken without needing to sign the application.
- Backports Swift patchfinder from <currently unnamed iOS 15 jailbreak>.
- Backports IMG4 parser from <currently unnamed iOS 15 jailbreak> (removes img4tool and fixes Windows Defender false positive).
- Adds support for iOS 15 DER entitlements to jailbreakd.
- Adds support for iOS 15.1 Hash Agility to jailbreakd.
The Taurine jailbreak currently supports all devices running iOS & iPadOS versions 14.0-14.3, however Odyssey Team lead developer CoolStar has previously floated the idea of incorporating support for up to and including iOS & iPadOS 14.8.1. Obviously, this hasn’t happened yet.
Taurine is available to download for free from the official Odyssey Team web page, and we have detailed step-by-step a tutorial showing you how to use it.
For those wondering, the URL is as follows:
Have you downloaded the latest version of Taurine and taken advantage of the taurine-permanent package yet? Be sure to let us know in the comments section down below.