Whether you’re shooting a video, taking fun selfies, or really anything else, using a tripod for your iPhone can take your results to the next level. The best tripods provide much-needed stability to your phone, which helps capture the perfect shots. Moreover, you can shoot hands-free which gives you more control and flexibility.
As someone who travels solo, I use a tripod to take all my travel photos and it’s been life-changing. It’s almost like having your own personal photographer at a fraction of the price! You don’t need to take my word for it – try it yourself by grabbing one of the best iPhone tripods from the list below.
We’ve also covered more about why you need a tripod and how to pick the right one for your needs.
Why use a tripod with your iPhone
If you’re wondering if it’s even worth getting a tripod for your iPhone, let’s look into some of the benefits this accessory offers:
- It provides stability without you having to hold your phone. This can be a gamechanger for better photography and videography.
- It’s especially useful for low-light photography when you’re using the manual mode on your iPhone camera. When you slow down the shutter speed, even the slightest movement can ruin your photograph. A tripod helps you avoid this and capture great low-light shots.
- It’s handy to shoot photos of yourself without having to ask another person. Just set up your iPhone tripod and use a self-timer or a Bluetooth remote to capture shots of yourself – perfect for solo travelers and Instagrammers!
- It makes it easy to shoot timelapse videos. A timelapse usually requires holding your phone steady for a prolonged period of time. Your hands are bound to tire of that so get a tripod for your iPhone and let the camera roll.
How to pick the best tripod for your iPhone
I’ve listed the best iPhone tripods for you below, but if you want to pick something out on your own, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Choose the right size. Read the product description to know the minimum and maximum height of a tripod. Mini tripods are usually small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and need to be placed on top of flat surfaces like a desk. They’re not usually suitable for the outdoors. On the other hand, full-sized tripods can be adjusted to stay steady on uneven surfaces too. Lastly, GorillaPod tripods provide the most flexibility and can be clasped around different surfaces thanks to their flexible legs.
- Make sure the tripod’s phone holder attachment can securely hold your iPhone. Some cheap mobile tripods come with flimsy holders that can make your phone fall out mid-shoot! So make sure to invest in something high-quality.
- Get something that’s sturdy but lightweight enough to carry around. Even if you mostly shoot indoors, it’s handy to have a tripod that you can carry outdoors or on your travels for different kinds of shoots.
- Ensure that the iPhone tripod supports varied angles without having to repeatedly remove the phone. Ideally, there should be a lever that lets you control the rotation and angle of your phone.
- If you’re serious about photography, it’s nice to get a tripod that works with other gadgets too such as a DSLR camera or a GoPro. This means you won’t have to invest in separate tripods for your different gear.
Best iPhone tripods to elevate your mobile photography
Best overall: UBeesize 50″ Tripod
Here’s a sturdy and affordable iPhone tripod that can extend up to 50 inches in height. It’s made of high-quality yet lightweight aluminum alloy and weighs just 385 grams. This makes it perfect to carry around wherever you go. It comes with a spring-loaded phone mount that makes it super easy to securely attach your iPhone either horizontally or vertically.
Moreover, the 3-way pan head features separate knobs for the headlock, pan lock, and tilt lock to get just the angle you need for your shots. It’s perfect for portrait shots, panoramic landscapes, and more. Of course, it also doubles up to hold other devices like a camera, webcam, or even LED lights.
Perfect for table-top use: Manfrotto Mini Tripod
Manfrotto is well known for high-quality camera gear and this handy little tripod lives up to the name. It’s small yet incredibly sturdy – perfect to place atop a table and record videos hands-free or catch up on FaceTime. Even when you use it outside, it has enough heft not to get knocked over by the wind.
Furthermore, the compact size makes it pretty adept at capturing interesting low-angle shots. The ball joint is easy to adjust for multiple angles and snugly locks in place. The only downside is that the clamp can only hold your phone horizontally and not vertically. One feature I particularly like is that you can close the tripod legs and use it as a handy grip or selfie stick of sorts when you need to.
Perfect for the outdoors: Joby GripTight ONE GorillaPod Stand
Standard iPhone tripods have the limitation of needing a flat ground to stand on. Joby’s unique flexible tripod overcomes that issue and enables you to attach your iPhone almost anywhere. The bendable, adjustable legs can be curved to hook securely around poles or branches so that you can get a great shot wherever you are.
At the same time, it’s small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and is super lightweight to carry around. Rubber foot grips provide stability on almost any surface, ensuring crisp photos and videos. Of course, the rotating head allows you to adjust the angle too. This one’s a must-have for anyone who loves to use their iPhone camera while out and about.
A versatile budget option: Ubeesize Selfie Stick Plus Tripod
I love products that can do multiple things at once. This cool selfie-stick plus tripod definitely fits the bill. The “stick” can be folded out into a tripod and the height can be adjusted from 17.72 inches to 62 inches. This is perfect for almost any need, from great selfies to live streams and videos for all your social media.
Moreover, it comes with a handy Bluetooth remote to trigger your camera shutter button from a distance. This provides the ultimate convenience. The phone clamp securely holds your phone and you can smoothly move the device to a 360-degree rotation, giving you the flexibility for the best viewing angle. All in all, it’s a steal at under $20!
Great for vlogging: Lume Cube Mobile Creator Tripod Stand & Kit
If you’re a budding or professional video creator looking for a high-quality tripod for your iPhone, it’s worth investing in Lume Cube’s mini mobile stand and creator kit. The stand can be used as a selfie stick or tripod with adjustable angles. It’s incredibly well-made and great for both indoor and outdoor use.
However, if you want to take things up a notch, splurge on the Mobile Creator Kit which includes an LED light panel and a directional microphone. These will help you get the best lighting and sound quality for your videos no matter where you are. It gives you professional-quality results while still being compact and reasonably priced.
Price: $59.99 for the tripod; $179.99 for the full kit
Is there anything else you’d like to know about tripods for your iPhone? Leave a comment below and I’ll be happy to help.
Don’t miss these other photography articles: