Jailbreakers who are in the market to make their iPhone’s Control Center interface much more powerful can take advantage of a newly released jailbreak tweak called BetterCC by iOS developer Miguelaka95.
The name is far from a misnomer, as BetterCC truly makes Control Center better by giving users the ability to customize different parameters ranging from the interface’s layout, aesthetics, and module sizes, among other things.
As shown in the screenshot examples above, BetterCC can do some pretty crazy things with what would otherwise be a stock-looking Control Center interface on a jailbroken iPhone.
In one screenshot, we see BetterCC’s weather information capabilities, which include an animated weather background much like what you’d see in the Weather app, and a sizable Weather widget to match.
In the other two screenshots, we see a completely resized media module and custom layouts for Control Center’s many different shortcut and toggle buttons.
Once installed, BetterCC adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure their unique Control Center interface however they want:
Options here include:
- Toggle BetterCC on or off on demand
- Hide or show modules in the base level Control Center interface
- Configure the number of allowed modules to display at one time
- Enable or disable Connectivity toggle rearrangement
- Choose from the Connectivity toggles you’ll rearrange:
- Airplane Mode
- Cellular Data
- Personal Hotspot
- Choose a Connectivity module size
- Hide or show album artwork from the media module
- Choose a Media module size
- Choose a Brightness module size
- Choose a Volume module size
- Choose a Screen Mirroring module size
- Toggle Weather view on or off for the Weather widget
- Toggle Weather effects on or off for the Weather widget
- Choose a temperature scale for the Weather widget
- Enable or disable a Weather view background for Control Center
- Enable or disable a Weather effects background for Control Center
- Respring your device to save any changes you’ve made
- Reset all preferences to their defaults
Control Center is to my iPhone what my hand is to my arm. In other words, I consider it to be wholeheartedly essential because it offers rapid access to some of my most important shortcuts and toggles.
With BetterCC, Control Center becomes even more essential because I can tailor the interface to suit my needs and add pertinent information about Music and Weather that aren’t usually as enshrined in the original user interface as they are in the enhanced one.
If you’re interested in going hands-on with BetterCC for yourself, then the tweak is available for free from the Havoc repository via your favorite package manager app. The tweak fully supports jailbroken iOS 14.2-14.8 devices and only partially supports iOS 14.0-14.2 devices due to an issue with the media module.
Please note that BetterCC isn’t compatible with iPadOS.
Do you plan to upgrade your Control Center experience with the new BetterCC tweak? Let us know why or why not in the comments section down below.