Apple’s TV software has launched on the Sky Glass and Sky Q set-top boxes, letting their owners stream Apple TV+ even if they do not own any Apple-branded hardware.
- The Apple TV app is now available on Sky Glass and Sky Q set-top boxes
- Stream Apple TV+ directly, without any special Apple hardware
- The app will also come to Xfinity customers in the US
Apple TV app launches on Sky Glass and Sky Q
Following a recent deal between the iPhone maker and Comcast, the Apple TV app is now officially rolling out on the Sky Glass and Sky Q set-top boxes in the United States. It joins other video-streaming services that are available on those devices, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and others.
How to download the Apple TV app to your Sky Q or Glass box
The Apple TV app should automatically download and install on your Sky Q and Glass, but you can also initiate a manual install by choosing an option to update all existing apps and add any newly available ones.
- Turn on your Sky Q or Sky Glass
- Choose “Settings” the main interface
- Select “System Management”
- Now choose “Resets & Updates”
- Lastly, hit the option labeled “Refresh Apps”
More detailed instructions can be found in Sky’s support document.
As part of the deal, Apple’s TV will also reach Xfinity customers in the United States.mMeanwhile, Sky customers in the UK will get to download the Sky Go app on their Apple TV starting in mid-2022. On top of that, Comcast’s own Xfinity Stream app will launch on Apple TV soon. Read: How to set up your Apple TV the right way
The Apple TV software is available on other smart TV platforms out of the box, including compatible television sets from LG, Samsung and Sony.