Ever since the debut of Ted Lasso, the series has been earning praise. And that has turned into an award nomination from the Golden Globes this year.
As noted today by The New York Times the Golden Globes nominations for this year have been revealed. There were some snubs in some categories, as is par for the course anyway, but Apple TV+ wasn’t completely ignored. At least, not completely.
Apple also confirmed the Golden Globes nominations today as well.
This year, Apple TV+ content earned three nominations. Two of those go to Ted Lasso, the hit comedy series. The other goes to Wolfwalkers, the animated film from Cartoon Saloon. And Bill Murray picked up a nomination for his role in the drama On the Rocks.
Here’s how it all shakes out this year:
Best Television Series, Musical, or Comedy
- Ted Lasso, Apple TV+
- The Flight Attendant, HBO Max
- The Great, Hulu
- Emily in Paris, Netflix
- Schitt’s Creek, CBC/Pop TV
Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series, Musical, or Comedy
- Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
- Don Cheadle, Black Monday
- Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
- Ramy Youssef, Ramy
- Nicholas Hoult, The Great
Best Animated Film
- Soul, Disney/Pixar
- Wolfwalkers, Cartoon Saloon/Apple TV+
- The Croods: A New Age, DreamWorks Animation
- Onward, Disney
- Over the Moon, Netflix
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture
- Bill Murray, On the Rocks
- Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
- Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami
- Jared Leto, The Little Things
- Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
So there we have it. That’s some stiff competition, to be sure. But both Wolfwalkers and Ted Lasso absolutely deserve wins in their respective categories.
This is not the first time that the Golden Globes has nominated Apple TV+ content. The Morning Show earned nominations last year, but those didn’t turn into wins. Hopefully this year’s different.