Creating shared albums in Photos is a great way to let others see pictures from holidays, photos from vacations, or images for work like logos and products. But if there comes a time when you want to stop sharing an album in Photos, you can remove someone you’ve shared with pretty easily.
Here, we’ll show you how to stop sharing an album in the Photos app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Stop sharing an album on iPhone and iPad
If you have a shared album on iPhone or iPad that you want to remove someone from, open the Photos app, access Shared Albums, and choose the album. Then, follow these steps.
1) Make sure the album is open and tap the contact icon at the top.
2) On the Edit Shared Album screen, select the person you want to remove. You can also remove access to view the album on iCloud by turning off the toggle for Public Website.
3) At the bottom, tap Remove Subscriber and confirm this action by tapping Remove.
4) Tap Done.
Stop sharing an album on Mac
The steps to stop sharing an album in Photos on Mac are similar. So, open the macOS Photos app and select the album under Shared Albums in the sidebar.
1) Click the contact icon in the toolbar at the top.
2) Select the arrow next to the person you want to remove. You can also remove access to view the album on iCloud by unchecking the box for Public Website.
3) Click Remove Subscriber. You will not be asked to confirm this action like on iOS.
If you want to stop sharing an album with someone, it’s simple enough to remove them from a shared album in Photos on any of your devices. And if you have a change of heart, you can always add them back!
Do you set up a lot of shared albums in Photos? What tips do you have when it comes to shared albums?
Related Photos app tips: