Visually overhauled with high-resolution textures and revamped models, “BioShock 2 Remastered” has you playing as a fearsome Big Daddy. You must rescue your little sister, Eleanor, from the clutches of the frenzied Rapture Family, described as “a collectivist cult conspiring to transform her into a genetically modified messiah.”
“Wield gene-altering Plasmids against vicious Splicers and violently protective Big Sisters as you navigate Rapture’s dripping art-deco halls,” reads the blurb.
Watch the launch trailer embedded right ahead.
Key features include:
- Return to Rapture in high definition with remastered textures, high resolution models and 4K support. Take an intense journey through one of the most gripping game worlds ever created.
- Play as a Big Daddy and unleash the raw power of Rapture’s most feared against deadly enemies such as Brute Splicers and Big Sisters.
- Dual-wield your abilities: fire powerful weapons with your right hand while deploying gene-altering Plasmids with your left.
- Take on the Protector Trials: protect your Little Sister from waves of frenzied enemies in frantic combat challenges designed to push your mastery of weapons and Plasmids to the limit.
To play the game, you will need an Intel-based Mac with a 1.1GHz chip or faster, 8GB RAM, 1.5GB or video RAM, 21 gigabytes of free storage space and macOS 10.15.4 or higher.
Here are the Mac models that the game supports:
- All 13″ MacBook Pros since late 2016
- All 15″ MacBook Pros released since late 2013 with an Intel or AMD graphics card (models with an Nvidia graphics card are not supported)
- All MacBook Airs released since early 2020
- All Mac minis released since late 2018
- All 21.5″ iMacs released since late 2013 with an Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics card or better (models with Intel HD Graphics 5000/6000 graphics cards are not supported)
- All 27” iMacs released since late 2014
- All 27″ iMac Pros released since 2017
- All Mac Pros released since late 2013
Check the Feral website for more detailed specifications. The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support:
- All MacBook Airs released since mid 2012
- All MacBooks released since early 2015
- All 13” MacBook Pros released since mid 2012
- All Mac minis released since late 2012
- All 21.5” iMacs released since early 2013
The game supports more than a hundred models of gamepad.
You can purchase “BioShock 2 Remastered” from the Feral Store, Steam or the Mac App Store for $19.99. The “Minerva’s Den Remastered” DLC also available for $9.99.