Apple is now selling the 7th-generation iPad, which features a 10.2-inch display, as a refurbished tablet. This means you’ll get a slight price discount compared to a brand new model. As noted in the original report, the savings this time around appear to be around 15%.
You will be able to choose between Gold, Silver, and Space Gray color options. Here’s how the pricing breaks down:
- 32GB: $279 — save $50.00 (down from $329.00)
- 128GB: $359 — save $70.00 (down from $429.00)
Wi-Fi + cellular
- 32GB: $389 — save $70.00 (down from $459.00)
- 128GB: $469 — save $90.00 (down from $559.00)
As is par for the course, Apple says its refurbished devices are thoroughly tested, are outfitted with a new outer shell, and feature a new battery as well. Here’s the nitty gritty:
All refurbished iPad models come with a new battery, new outer shell, are backed by a one-year warranty, have free delivery and returns, and also include:
- Full functional testing, genuine Apple part replacements (if necessary), and a thorough cleaning
- The original Operating System or a more recent version
- All refurbished devices are repackaged in a brand new box with all accessories and cables
If you want to sign up for AppleCare+, you can do that to extend the warranty to two years. That will cost you either an up-front $69, or you can break that down to $3.49 per months for 24 months if you’re in the United States.
Do you plan on picking up a refurbished 7th-generation iPad?