Porsche and Apple have teamed up to offer deep Apple Music integration in the Taycan, the luxury car maker’s first-ever fully electric sports car featuring over 600 PS and a 90 kWh battery. This is the first instance of Apple Music being fully integrated in any vehicle.
The Apple Music service is available via the car’s built-in touchscreen display. Drivers can stream over 60 million songs ad-free, listen to any of the thousands of curated playlists and enjoy the Apple Music 1 and other radio stations for six months without any additional charge.
The following features are supported:
- Porsche voice assistant: Use custom Porsche voice control to request songs, albums, playlists or radio stations on Apple Music.
- Discover on broadcast radio, listen on Apple Music: Create your own custom station on Apple Music from any song you find while listening to broadcast radio.
- Exclusive playlists: Listen to curated playlists from Porsche, only on Apple Music.
- In-car streaming data: Complimentary in-car music streaming for 3 years.
- Up to six months included: New and existing Porsche owners get up to 6 months free of Apple Music.
The Taycan also supports CarPlay, Apple’s in-car infotainment system. Detlev von Platen, member of Porsche’s executive board, was quoted as saying in the press release that Porsche and Apple Music fit perfectly, adding that “we share common values, and the same relentless attitude to user experience to quality engineering to design and to innovation.”
For music lovers “with a fine ear,” Porsche is offering an upgrade to a pair of Burmester High-End Surround Sound System with Apple Digital Masters, which deliver studio-quality sound as artists and sound engineers intend it to be heard.
Porsche’s first fully electric vehicle, the Taycan, is launching in September.
Apple Music is available in a number of vehicles from various manufacturers with support for CarPlay built in or via third-party aftermarket receivers. You can, of course, also enjoy your favorite music in the car via Bluetooth or by routing audio from your iPhone to the in-car stereo.
How do you enjoy Apple Music in your car?
Let us know in the comments down below!