After a couple of wins for Daytime Emmys, Apple has now earned more than a dozen Emmy nominations for several different pieces of content available on Apple TV+.
As reported by Variety, Apple has earned more than a dozen Emmy nominations for content like Defending Jacob, The Morning Show, The Elephant Queen, and more. This is the first time that Apple has been eligible for any Emmy nominations, considering Apple TV+ launched in the fall of last year. But this marks a huge milestone for the company and the fledgling streaming service, especially with how many nominations the company earned.
The nominations are broken down just below.
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Limited Series or Movie: Jonathan Freeman
- Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music: Olafur Arnalds
The Morning Show
- Best Actress in a Drama Series: Jennifer Aniston
- Best Actor in a Drama Series: Steve Carell
- Outstanding Main Title Design
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Billy Crudup
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Mark Duplass
- Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Martin Short
- Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: Mimi Leder
- Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance: Leslie Odom Jr.
The Elephant Queen
- Outstanding Narrator: Chiwetel Ejiofor
The Beastie Boys Story
- Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special
- Outstanding Picture Editing for a Nonfiction Program
- Outstanding Writing for a Nonfiction Program
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Nonfiction or Reality Program
As for when we’ll find out who the winners are, that will be presented on ABC on Sunday, September 20. Looks like Apple has a good shot at some wins this year.