Bumped to version 2.0, the Google Podcasts app now supports Apple’s CarPlay feature so people can more easily and safely listen while they drive. Additionally, the official changelog mentions several bug fixes made to improve performance.
Google Podcasts offers three tabs: Home, Explore and Activity.
The Home tab includes new podcast episodes and subscribed shows.
In Explore, you’ll find episode recommendations related to your interests along with podcast directories based on genres such as comedy, sports and news. Lastly, the Activity tab is where you’ll find things like your listening history, queued-up episodes, downloads and more.
Here are the key features of Google Podcasts:
- Subscribe and listen to all your favorite podcasts
- Explore show and episode recommendations just for you
- Browse popular and trending shows in comedy, news, sports and more
- Listen at faster playback speeds or skip over silences
- Queue up episodes for a seamless listening experience
- Easily keep track of your listening history, downloads and subscriptions
- Listen on multiple devices—phone, laptop, smart speaker—without losing your place
- Auto-download shows to listen offline and on the go
- Discover podcasts using Google Search and Google Assistant
Aside from searching podcasts from within the app, you can ask Google Assistant to play a specific podcast or search for a podcast in the Google app or on google.com.