Welcome to Accessory Spotlight, a weekly column where we highlight an accessory that we find to be incredibly useful, a fantastic value, or both. This week we’ve selected Logitech’s MX Master 3 wireless mouse. This one was super easy—the Master 3 is widely believed to be one of the best all-around mice available thanks to its comfortable shape, ultra fast and smooth scrolling, and its ability to seamlessly switch between devices.
What you need to know
- Ultra-fast magspeed scrolling – remarkable speed, precision and quietness of electromagnetic scrolling—up to 1,000 lines per second.
- Comfortable shape – its ergonomic shape is perfect for those longer work sessions.
- App-specific customizations – speed up your workflow with predefined app-specific profiles and numerous button customization options.
- Flow cross-device control – works seamlessly with up to 3 connected devices, and you can switch between them with the tap of a button.
- Move more than just your cursor – with Flow you can move your cursor, text and even files between Windows and macOS computers.
- Darkfield Tracing sensor – this sensor works on any surface, including glass, and is accurate in even the smallest movements thanks to 4000 DPI.
- Rechargeable via USB-C – full charge lasts up to 70 days, quick 1 minute charge gives you up to 3 hours, and you can use the mouse while charging.
- Pick your kind of wireless – comes with a 2.4 GHz USB dongle for speed, or you can connect via Bluetooth for convenience.
I’ve been using the MX Master 3 for about 6 months now, and I was a long-time MX Master user before that. I’m a big fan of its ergonomic shape—it’s notable that they made this generation smaller so it’s not as unwieldy as it used to be—and the fact that you can use the mouse while it charges. I have to admit I don’t do much gaming, but for work, browsing the web, and just about every other use-case, I can’t recommend it enough.