If you have several rooms set up in the Home app with accessories in each one, then you might move to different rooms at various times throughout the day to control those accessories. So having your rooms display in the order you want them is important.
Maybe you’d like your rooms in the order you choose them as a routine or maybe you’d simply prefer them in alphabetical order. Whatever your preference, here’s how to rearrange and change the order of your rooms in the Home app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Rearrange your rooms in the Home app on iOS
Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and then do the following to rearrange your rooms.
1) Tap Rooms at the bottom and go to any room.
2) Tap Edit at the top and then tap the room name.
3) Tap the Rooms arrow at the top left.
4) When your list of rooms opens, tap Edit.
5) Select, drag, and drop your rooms in the order you want them.
6) Tap Done when you finish and Done once more to close the window.
The changes you make, will sync across your devices.
Rearrange your rooms in the Home app on Mac
Open the Home app on your Mac and then follow these steps to change your room order.
1) Click Edit > Edit Room from the menu bar. It doesn’t matter which room you’re in.
2) In the room settings window, click the arrow on the top left to go back.
3) You’ll see your list of rooms. Tap Edit on the top left.
4) Now you can select, drag, and drop your rooms in the order you want them.
5) Click Done when you finish and Done once more to close the window.
Just like the changes you make on your iPhone or iPad, those you make on your Mac will sync.
Wrapping it up
Rearranging the rooms in your Home app makes it easy to get to the one you want, when you want, and control your devices.
Are you going to change the order of your rooms now?
For more, check out how to create scenes in the Home app for controlling multiple devices.