If you enjoy listening to music on your devices, then you may have more than one app for it. Apple Music is a terrific choice that lets you play songs and playlists on any of your Apple devices. But Spotify is another great option for hearing the tunes you love.
Get the Spotify skill
Spotify has an official skill available in the Alexa app. So, open Alexa on your iPhone and then follow these steps to get and enable the Spotify skill.
1) Tap the menu button on the top left of the Alexa app and choose Skills & Games.
2) In the search box at the top, type in “Spotify”. If you’re currently on your iPhone, you can tap this link directly to the Spotify skill.
3) The first result should be the official Spotify app, but you may have to scroll down a bit if not. Go ahead and select the skill.
4) Tap Enable to Use.
5) Log in to your Spotify account when prompted and Accept the terms and conditions if you agree. You’ll see a confirmation that your Spotify account was successfully linked.
You can close that screen and the Skill Settings screen as well because you’re all set!
Then, give Alexa commands to play music, Discover Weekly, a podcast, or a radio station “on Spotify”.
Use Spotify as your default music app
If you want Spotify to be your default music player on Alexa, this is a quick adjustment. Open Alexa and do the following:
1) Tap the menu button on the top left of the Alexa app and choose Settings.
2) Under Alexa Preferences, pick Music & Podcasts.
3) Tap Default Services.
4) Below Music, tap Change if Spotify is not your default.
5) Tap Spotify in the list that displays.
You can follow the same steps to make Spotify your default for Arts and Genre Stations as well as Podcasts which are right beneath Music.
By making Spotify your default, you won’t have to add “on Spotify” to each of your commands.
Wrapping it up
If you use an Amazon Echo with Alexa and just so happen to love Spotify for your music, then this is the ideal way to make listening to your tunes easy.
What’s your favorite music app? Is it Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, or something different? Let us know what it is and why you like it the most!
And if you want to use Apple Music with Alexa, we’ve got you covered there too!