If you use Valve’s Steam platform to handle your friends list, manage your video game library, and more, then there may be a new Apple Watch app worth checking out.
Per 9to5Mac, the new Apple Watch app is called “Smoke“, and it’s available now for Apple’s smartwatch lineup. It obviously doesn’t bring the full Steam experience to the wearable, but you can tap into a few key features. That includes the ability to see what friends are playing, check out the games you own, and see your progress on achievements as well.
Here’s everything the official landing page for the app says you can do with it:
– View the games you own as well as your achievement statuses and total play time
– View the store information for the games you and your friends own (Price, review and player numbers, genre etc.)
– See if your friends are online and the games they have recently played
– Find news articles for the games you own.
– Tap a news article to save it to your phone!*
– Customise the iOS app by choosing the theme colour and changing the app icon*
– Share saved news articles with friends
Smoke is designed and developed by developer Damien Sheridan. This is not an official Valve app, so just keep that in mind. The lack of official development by Valve means it won’t have as complete access to your Steam profile, but these features are certainly a great jumping off point.
Smoke for Apple Watch is free. However, it does offer access to Smoke Plus, which will unlock features like the ability to save articles to your phone. That can be handled with an in-app purchase.