If you are a pet parent like me, then you know that having helpful apps for pet care, supplies, and first aid on your iPhone just makes sense. After all, we have apps like that to help take care of ourselves, so why not our pets?
You might have a four-legged friend, one with fins, or one that flies. Whichever type of pets you have in your household, make sure you’re iPhone is set with apps that help you take care of them. From one pet parent to another, here are the best iPhone apps for pet lovers.
Best iPhone apps for pet lovers
Pet First Aid
One of the most important medical apps we can have on our device is a first aid app. And the American Red Cross comes to the rescue with one for pets in addition to its apps for people. Pet First Aid can help you in an emergency situation.
Pet First Aid notable features:
- Learn first aid so you’re ready for for allergic reactions, burns, car accidents, and more.
- Prepare for traveling with your dog, disasters, and emergencies, spaying or neutering, and other situations.
- Emergency help is a tap away for handling wounds, bleeding, breathing problems, poisoning, and additional dangerous conditions.
The Pet First Aid app gives helpful information for dogs and cats, lets you add your pets, helps you find a vet hospital, and much more. For pet parents, this is a must-have iPhone app.
- Availability: iPhone and Android or text “GETPET” to 90999
- Cost: Free
For checking foods that could be harmful to your dog, check out iKibble Free. This handy app for dog owners has helped my family with our pups for years and it’s a very simple tool. Not sure if your pet can eat a particular people food item? Look it up in the app.
iKibble Free notable features:
- See if foods are good or bad for your dog with a rating from one to five and get details on the food you need to know.
- Browse foods by category, search for something specific, and sort foods alphabetically or by type.
- Save favorites for quick access to details for foods Fido loves.
Too many times my daughter would drop a food on the floor and ask, can our dog eat this or that? And each time, I popped open this app to find out. Make sure you don’t give your dog anything that could harm them, even like certain fruits or vegetables you think might be okay. Check out iKibble Free first.
- Availability: iPhone
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase to remove the ads
Chewy – Where Pet Lovers Shop
When it comes to shopping for your pets, Chewy is a fantastic way to go. While the website is great, it’s also awesome to have the app on your iPhone for making those quick purchases. Before you run out of food, treats, supplements, or medications, make sure you have the Chewy app.
Chewy notable features:
- Shop by pet category like dog, cat, fish, bird, reptile, and horse, or by brands or deals.
- Set up Autoship to receive your supplies automatically and regularly before you run out.
- Save your favorite items for an easy way to buy them again when you need them.
Chewy lets you save pets and vets to your account, order prescriptions, receive notifications, and much more. Plus the prices are reasonable and you can get deals on quick shipping for orders over a certain amount. Chewy is a terrific way to save on all of your pet supplies.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free (supply purchases not included)
Other cool apps for pet parents
Here are a few additional apps you might like to check out.
- 11pets Pet Care (Free): Keep track of medications with reminders, log medical history, and monitor weight, height, and temperature.
- MyPets Pet Manager (Free): Manage vaccinations, medications, bath schedules, and weight control.
- BarkHappy (Free): Discover dog-friendly locations, explore nearby events, and send or receive lost dog alerts.
- Yummypets (Free): Join a social network for pet parents offering a community, articles, photos, and more.
Wrapping up these apps for pet lovers
Whether you have dogs, cats, or other types of pets in your home, be ready for emergencies and for buying items they need with these helpful apps for iPhone.
Do you use of these apps already or is there a different one you’d like to recommend? Leave us a comment below!
And take a look at some of our other “Best Of” app lists while you’re here.