Life happens to us every hour of each day no matter where we are or where we go. And you’re not always sitting down with your Mac or have your physical diary with you to capture a thought, emotion, or moment.
This is why journal apps for Apple Watch are handy because you can capture what you need to on-the-go. If you’re in the market for a diary on your wrist, these are the best free Apple Watch journal apps.
Day One Journal
Day One Journal is one of the most popular diary apps for your devices. You can add entries in a variety of ways including text, audio, photo, and drawing, plus you can include a location. You can also import a journal, connect to Instagram, and use a passcode to secure your diary. Head to the app on Apple Watch when you’re on-the-go.
Day One Journal Apple Watch features:
- Add a new entry using voice, text, or Scribble.
- Use a Check-in from your current spot as a placeholder.
- Record up to six hours of audio to capture lengthier moments.
If you use Day One Journal and want to sync across your devices, receive extra features like unlimited journals, IFTTT integration, and email entries, check out the subscription plans. But even for the basics on iPhone and Apple Watch, Day One Journal is a terrific app to keep your memories and moments with you always.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, Android and browser extensions
- Cost: Free with premium subscription plans for device syncing and additional features
Travel Journal by Journi
While the intent of Journi is to be a travel journal, it offers features to also use it for a daily diary, baby or pet journal, and more. Create the type of journal you want to keep, add locations, photos, text, and even the weather. Then, pop over to your Apple Watch when you’re out and about.
Journi Apple Watch features:
- Add voice entries to your most recent journal.
- See those entries instantly in the iPhone app.
Journi gives you more than just a diary of your travels but works great for all sorts of thoughts, emotions, and moments that you want to capture. While it may not have a ton of features on Apple Watch, it has just what you need to record your entries wherever you go.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, Android and the web
- Cost: Free with premium subscription plans for uploading high-res photos, cloud storage, flight information for you travels, and more
YourDay Journal für Evernote
If you use Evernote, then this next journal app for Apple Watch is for you. But even if you don’t, the app works perfectly fine without Evernote. Add entries with text, snap a photo or use one from your library, and include your location. On Apple Watch, capturing moments is just as easy.
YourDay Journal Apple Watch features:
- Add a new entry with dictation.
- View recent entries and details.
- Check out a graph of your entry statistics over the previous 10 days.
YourDay Journal has the options you need on Apple Watch with a little extra. And on iPhone or iPad, you can enjoy features like an animated Today widget, time and location on entries, password-protection, and of course, the Evernote integration if you like.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch
- Cost: Free with premium subscription plans for ad-removal, support, feature requests, and more
Wrapping up these Apple Watch journal apps
Hopefully one of these awesome journal apps for Apple Watch is just what you’ve been looking for, but if you have one of your own that you’d like to share, please feel free in the comments below!