We can’t all be Chef Ramsay in the kitchen, and for many people cooking is a struggle. So if you own an Apple TV and are ready to learn some basic skills, find easy dishes to create, or just brush up on baking or grilling, you came to the right place.
These are the best Apple TV apps for cooking and kitchen skills.
Kitchen Stories is a fantastic Apple TV app for learning to cook, honing your kitchen skills, and getting tasty recipes. The app gives you a nice variety of options for baking, knife skills, and the basics of cooking with upbeat videos.
Kitchen Stories Apple TV videos:
- Baking How-To videos show everything from how to knead dough to how to infuse whipped cream.
- Everyday Basics videos show you how to brown ground meat, fix lumpy gravy, sterilize jars, and much more.
- Knife Skills videos help you learn things like how to butterfly meat, cut tomatoes, sharpen a knife, and chop nuts.
You can check out delicious recipes for entrees, sides, and desserts along with tutorials for how to make homemade items like pasta, beef stock, and pudding. For learning the basic kitchen skills you need or something new and exciting, Kitchen Stories is a terrific Apple TV app.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for additional content on other devices.
Bon Appetit on Apple TV not only gives you a ton of content, but some great how-to videos. Learn basic skills, how to make certain dishes, brush up on your baking, and much, much more.
Bon Appetit Apple TV videos:
- From The Test Kitchen videos teach you how to make treats like desserts, international dishes, chicken, and burgers.
- Handcrafted videos show you how to make pasta, bread, fish, and meat.
- BA’s Baking School videos help you create filling and frosting or assemble and decorate.
This is only the tip of the iceberg with the Bon Appetit app. There’s much more to explore including recipes and interesting shows. For a cooking app that teaches you basics and beyond, from chefs and kitchen experts, Bon Appetit is the app to get.
- Availability: iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for a subscription on other devices.
One more free cooking app for Apple TV you should check out is Serious Eats. Along with mouthwatering recipes for everything from appetizers to desserts, you can learn about tools used in the kitchen, useful techniques, and basic skills.
Serious Eats Apple TV videos:
- On the Grill videos get you ready for grilling with things like how to gauge the temperature, clean your grill, and arrange the coals properly.
- Knife Skills videos show you how to cut, chop, and mince vegetables, fruits, and more.
- Quick Tips and Hacks videos give you great details for all sorts of kitchen skills from setting up a cooking station like a pro to how to season a cast iron pan.
Serious Eats, like Bon Appetit, offers a lot of kitchen-related content that everyone from a novice to an expert can enjoy. It’s an excellent app to pop into your Apple TV cooking apps folder.
- Availability: Apple TV
- Cost: Free
Wrapping up these Apple TV cooking apps
Recipe apps are all over the place, from the web to your mobile to device to your TV. But if you need more than recipes and want to learn to cook, bake, grill, chop, mince, and more, these are the Apple TV apps for you.
Do you use one of these apps already or is there a different free cooking app for Apple TV you’d like to recommend? Let us know in the comments below.
And be sure to check out our other Apple TV apps while you’re here.