One of the native apps in iOS that doesn’t get the attention it deserves is the Calculator app. While you could download a more robust third-party alternative from the App Store, the fact remains that the native experience is abysmal at best. For that reason, we’re excited to show you a new free jailbreak tweak called MathTeacher by iOS developer Gabriele Filipponi.
As depicted in the screenshot examples above, MathTeacher incorporates several upgrades into iOS’ native Calculator app, making it a significantly more functional math-solving platform than it would have been out of the box.
Once installed, MathTeacher provides the following improvements for the native Calculator app:
- A display that shows your current math calculation
- A copy button for storing a result in your Clipboard
- Toggle between light and dark mode with a two-finger gesture
- Colorization options
- Layout options
- And much more…
By tapping and holding on the new Copy button for a few seconds, you can visit the hidden preference pane for MathTeacher, which lets you customize your Calculator app however you want:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Dark Mode on or off on demand
- Choose an animation for switching between light and dark mode
- Enable the old Calculator layout
- Change the appearance of the “C” (Cancel) button
- Change the appearance of the Result button
- Change the appearance of the keypad
- Change the appearance of the scientific keypad
For most settings, a respring isn’t required; but if you revert back to the old (original) Calculator app layout, then you will want to kill the Calculator app from the App Switcher and restart the app for those changes to take effect.
From what we can gather, MathTeacher brings some much-needed upgrades to the native Calculator app, and we’re certain you’ll agree after trying the tweak out for yourself. It’s available as a free download from the BigBoss repository in Cydia or Sileo and currently supports all jailbroken iOS 11 and 12 devices.
Do you like what MathTeacher brings to the table? Discuss in the comments section below.