Satechi yesterday unveiled a stylish new wireless Bluetooth mouse for Mac and Windows PCs that features a convenient USB-C port for charging, along with a faux leather desktop pad.
The perfect mouse for your iPad
The new Aluminum M1 Bluetooth Wireless Mouse is a standard wireless mouse that works on all Bluetooth-equipped Macs. Featuring the low-power Bluetooth 4.0 standard, the mouse is compatible with a variety of Windows computers and Bluetooth-enabled tablets.
Thanks to its rechargeable battery and USB-C port, you can juice up the mouse by plugging it into any USB-C charger or device, like your Mac laptop. The charging port is conveniently placed on the front of the device rather than on the bottom like with Apple’s mouse.
The accessory has a curved design that doesn’t just look nice but is actually ergonomically shaped in order to fit both left and right-handed users. The accessory sports optical sensors for precise tracking and fast scrolling for web browsing, work or data entry.
Here are the key features of the M1 mouse:
- Bluetooth 4.0—Connects to your Bluetooth-enabled computer, laptop or tablet, with easy set-up and wireless range of up to 32 feet.
- Fast, precise tracking — The mouse features optical sensors and 1200 DPI resolution for precise tracking and fast scrolling from your connected device.
- USB-C charging — Say goodbye to disposable batteries with a built-in lithium ion battery and a rechargeable Type-C port (includes a USB-C to USB charging cable).
- Ergonomic design—Sleek design complements your setup and slightly curved profile fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, ideal for both left and right-hand users.
- Universal compatibility—The device works with Mac mini, iMac, iMac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, Chromebook, Microsoft Surface Go, Dell XPS, Lenovo, HP Spectre, ASUS, most Bluetooth-enabled computers and tablets.
The mouse supports macOS, Windows, Android and Chrome OS.
The official specs sheet says that the accessory is “not compatible with iOS devices” (interestingly, Satechi didn’t bother mentioning this for its previous Bluetooth mice). That will almost certainly change when iOS 13 releases later this year because the upcoming software allegedly includes mouse support on iPad as an accessibility feature.
How about an eco-leather mouse pad?
Satechi also unveiled an eco-friendly mat with a non-slip rubber base, the Deskmate.
It enhance your workspace by providing a sleek polyurethane leather surface to use your keyboard and mouse, as well as for reading, writing and so forth. Thanks to its water-resistant wide surface area measuring at 23 x 12.2 inches, this cool desktop pad helps protect your work desk from scratches, spills, your foods and what not.
Check out the key features of this desktop pad:
- Superior anti-slip base — The rubberized base grip keeps the pad secure and in place.
- Waterproof padding —No need to worry about spilling as liquid slides right off.
- Sleek design — The pad has a smooth surface for precise tracking.
- Covers a large surface area — 9.8 inches wide, 7.2 inches tall and 0.2 inches thick.
- Wrist support — Slight cushioning leaves your wrists feeling good when using the mouse pad all day.
And here’s the demo video.
Both products are available to purchase today.
Pricing and availability
The Aluminum M1 Bluetooth Wireless Mouse is available for $30 in Space Gray, Silver, Gold or Rose Gold to complete your home or office workspace.
The new Eco-Leather Deskmate is available for $30 in Black, Midnight Blue or Saddle Brown.
For more information, visit the Satechi website.