Clipboards are valuable tools for writers, programmers, students, and so many others. Copying references, code, links, text, and similar items and keeping them for later saves us time because we can grab what we want as soon as we see it.
The Universal Clipboard on iOS and Mac is great and lets you copy and paste across devices. The problem is that you only have the last copied item handy. What if you want to save more than that?
This is where clipboard manager apps for iPhone come in to help. You can save and manage all of your clippings quickly and easily. These are the best free clipboard managers for your devices and they each work with the Universal Clipboard as well for an awesome bonus.
Copied is an easy-to-use clipboard manager with nice extra features. Tap to view your Copied items or Clipboard. You can then copy, share, or remove items as needed. If you choose to copy an item, you can copy it in its original format or plain text.
Copied notable features:
- Add manual clippings or see them automatically appear from your Universal Clipboard.
- Use the in-app browser to save clippings.
- Adjust settings for your history, save when you activate the Today widget, change the app interface, and select text formatters.
Copied is a terrific clipboard manager and available on a variety of Apple devices for free.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, and Mac
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase to upgrade and receive iCloud sync, list-organizing, and automation rules.
Paste 2 is another good clipboard manager for iPhone that’s super simple to use. The app uses what’s called Pinboards to manage your clippings. This lets you easily organize your clippings and keep related ones together.
Paste 2 notable features:
- Copy, pin, share, or delete a clipping with a tap.
- Create and rearrange Pinboards in the order you want them. You can also color-code your boards.
- Adjust settings for copying on app or widget activation as well as iCloud sync.
If you want an uncomplicated way to clip and the organize your clippings, check out Paste 2.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Cost: Free for iOS with a Pro version for iPad
Clipboard++ is one more clipboard manager you’ve got to try. It offers the most basic way to manage your clippings, but sometimes that’s just what you want. You’ll see your Universal Clipboard items pop right in and from there you can organize them easily.
Clipboard++ notable features:
- Pair your favorite browser with the app.
- Edit, copy, or delete clippings with a tap.
- Adjust settings for double-tap to edit and show as notification.
If you want a basic clipboard manager for iPhone that’s completely free with no in-app purchases to worry about, take Clipboard++ for a spin.
- Availability: iPhone
- Cost: Free
Wrapping it up
Hopefully one of these clipboard managers is exactly what you’ve been looking for, for your device. If you use a different one that you’d like to recommend, please share it in the comments below!