Apple is renowned for introducing new features that are specific to certain devices or firmware versions, and if you’re jailbroken on an older device/firmware combination, then you might be inclined to feel a bit left out. For this very reason, iOS developer Duraid Abdul has just released a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Neptune for iPhone.
Citing the points made by the developer in the tweak’s Cydia depiction, Neptune for iPhone brings each of the following features to the table for jailbreakers using iOS 12.0-12.1.2:
- A modernized Status Bar style
- The iOS 12.2-centric redesigned Wallet app
- The iOS 12.2-centric redesigned News app icon
- The iOS 12.2-centric Control Center design changes
- iPhone X and later gestures and interface refinements on all unsupported devices
- Picture-in-picture mode for all unsupported devices
Most of what you read above is self-explanatory, but here’s an example of the redesigned Wallet app after installing Neptune for iPhone:
Neptune for iPhone adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can toggle individual features on or off, depending on your needs:
Here, you can:
- Toggle the iPhone X and later gesture controls and smooth refinements
- Toggle the iOS 12.2-centric News app icon
- Toggle the iOS 12.2-centric Wallet app interface
- Hide or show the Home Bar within apps on unsupported devices
- Choose the Status Bar style you’d like to use
Whether you’re in it for the iPhone X and later-like experience on non-notched handsets or you just like the idea of porting iOS 12.2-centric features to your jailbroken iOS 12.1.2 or earlier handset, Neptune for iPhone might be the tweak for you.
If you’re interested in trying Neptune for iPhone, then you can download it for free from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. Please note that the tweak is only for iOS 12 and doesn’t support iOS 11.
What’s your favorite feature in Neptune for iPhone? Let us know by dropping a comment below.