Accessory maker Satechi today launched a pretty cool aluminum-clad monitor stand for your iMac or iMac Pro which doubles as a stealthy USB-C hub with seven built-in ports.
The new Satechi Type-C Aluminum Monitor Stand Hub elevates your iMac or iMac Pro (top loading weight: 50 lbs or 22.7 kg) a few inches off of the desk to an optimal viewing height. With a brushed aluminum finish and unibody construction, the accessory matches your iMac’s finish while helping declutter your desktop by putting the most-used ports within reach.
It features the following built-in ports:
- One USB-C data port (3.1 Gen 1, up to 5 Gbps)
- Three USB 3.0 ports (3.1 Gen, each up to 5 Gbps)
- microSD and SD card slots (UHS-I, up to 104 Mbps)
- 3.5mm headphone jack port
The following key features are listed on the Satechi website:
- Elevate your iMac: Its unique, ergonomic design raises your monitor screen to an optimal viewing height for a comfortable working environment. By lifting your eye level, the stand helps to reduce neck strain and encourage better posture when working for extended periods of time.
- Modern, durable design: With a brushed aluminum finish and unibody construction, the Satechi Type-C Aluminum Monitor Stand for iMac provides a sleek yet sturdy solution for elevating your displays. Max loading weight: 50 lbs.
- Perfect for peripherals: Featuring built-in USB-C data port (up to 5 Gbps), USB 3.0 ports (up to 5 Gbps), micro/SD cards slots (UHS-I, up to 104 Mbps) and audio jack for convenient access to all your peripheral devices. Simply plug in the provided Type-C cable into your computer’s USB-C port and connect your devices.
With a simple, functional and elegant accessory like this new Satechi thingy, desktop users can easily create valuable storage to organize their keypads, notebooks, chargers and more.
The accessory ships with Satechi’s Type-A to Type-C adapter allowing it to be easily used with any iMac model. A USB-C cable is not included in the box.