As you might come to expect from the tweak’s name, EasyAccess intends to make multitasking more usable on the iOS platform. This tweak lets you perform actions in two apps at the same time and effortlessly move between apps by way of a highly-customizable dock that you can summon at any time with Activator.
As you can see above, the dock is resizable and can be repositioned anywhere you’d like. You can also have windowed apps running over others, which can be particularly useful for watching videos while simultaneously performing actions in other apps. Obviously, you can do other things too; the only thing between you and a great multitasking experience is your imagination.
Curious about what you can do with EasyAccess? Fret not; here’s a brief summary:
- Tap a dock icon once to launch the app in the background
- Tap a dock icon twice to launch the app in windowed form
- Tap a dock icon three times to close the window and prepare it for a new app
- Swipe on the dock to scroll through available apps
- Pinch on the dock with two fingers to resize it as you see fit
- Touch & Drag on the dock to reposition it as you see fit
- Touch & Drag on a windowed app to reposition it as you see fit
- Pinch on the window bar with two fingers to resize a windowed app as you see fit
- Double-tap on the window bar once to hide the dock
- Double-tap on the window bar twice to show the dock
EasyAccess adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure the tweak however you like:
Here, you’ll happen upon some instructions for using the tweak; you’ll also find preferences that are separated into three different cells, which we’ll outline for you below:
Under the Appearance section, you can:
- Adjust the cell size
- Choose how many apps appear per page
- Configure the dock thickness
- Select a border width
- Set a corner radius
- Toggle round app icons on or off
- Toggle vertical mode on or off
- Toggle dock gradient on or off
- Toggle windowed app gradient on or off
Apps to Display
Under the Apps to Display section, you can:
- Configure the apps that will appear in the dock
- Configure the apps that will not appear in the dock
Under the Activator section, you can:
- Dedicate an Activator action to showing the dock
- Dedicate an Activator action to hiding the dock
- Dedicate an Activator action to showing and hiding the dock
With its robust functionality and colorful swatch of options to configure, EasyAccess brings a lot to the table for those who want an improved multitasking experience on the iOS platform – especially for those who think it falls short on the iPhone after spending a day on their iPad.
If you’re interested in trying EasyAccess for yourself, then you can download it for $2.50 from Cydia’s Packix repository. The tweak works on all jailbroken iOS 10 and 11 devices and requires Ryan Petrich’s free Activator extension to work as expected.
What do you think of EasyAccess? Let us know in the comments section below.