That was quick. The first iPhone XR teardown video has arrived online. It arrives just hours after the device launched in 50 countries and territories around the world. Not surprising, the inside of the device looks a lot like what was found on the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max last month when those phones were released.
The video by German-based Kaputt (via 9to5Mac) shows the iPhone XR features a rectangular battery cell, versus the L-shaped battery design found on the other two handsets. The iPhone XR includes a 2,942mAH battery, which is larger than the one found on the iPhone XS (2,659mAH), but smaller than the one on the iPhone XS Max (3,174mAH). Given the size differences between the three handsets, this isn’t a surprise.
Meanwhile, iFixit’s heavily-anticipated iPhone XR teardown has begun online. It will take a while before it’s completed. When it is, we’ll update this post to include the findings.
In the meantime, take a look at Kaputt’s video:
Did you purchase an iPhone XR? Which color did you buy? Let us know in the comments below.
If you purchased any of the 2018 iPhones, you find a case for your new device here:
- The best wallet cases for iPhone XR
- The best iPhone XR cases available right now
- The best wireless charging stands for iPhone
- Best cases for iPhone XS
- Best cases for iPhone XS Max
- Best ultra-thin cases for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Best leather cases for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Best rugged cases for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Best wallet cases for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max