Random events happen throughout the day, sometimes prompting you to jot things down in your Notes app, so you don’t forget them. But wouldn’t it be great if you type notes to yourself without having to unlock your handset?
Notepad is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developers NeinZedd9 and Ayden Panhuyzen that makes this possible. The tweak adds an easily-accessible note-taking interface directly to the Lock screen so you can begin typing notes whenever you need to.
As shown in the screenshot examples above, Notepad can be used in a variety of ways. Some use cases include:
- Writing a detailed to-do list for the day
- Making a note of the things you need to pick up at the grocery store
- Copying song lyrics to your Lock screen for easier access during listening
- And much more…
Notepad always appears on your Lock screen whether you have a note written to yourself or not. To some, this might seem bothersome, but it makes the tweak readily-accessible. You can see a demo of Notepad in the video below:
You can configure Notepad from its preference pane in the Settings app:
Here, you can:
- Toggle the tweak on or off on demand (hide or show it on the Lock screen)
- Configure the Notepad interface size
- Change Notepad’s text color for legibility on different wallpapers
- Select Notepad’s background style
- Choose the color you want
- Increase or decrease the alpha level
- Light blur
- Dark blur
- Hide or show the “Notepad” header above the Notepad widget
The developers provide a Respring button at the bottom of the preference pane to make it easy to save any changes you make to the settings. That said, be sure to use it after making adjustments.
Overall, it seems like a great idea for folks that have trouble remembering things or that want the convenience of jotting down notes without unlocking their devices. The tweak offers ample configuration to make most users happy, and the developers are always pushing updated to make it better.
If you’d like to try Notepad for yourself, then you can download it for $2.99 from Cydia’s Chariz/HASHBANG Productions repository. The tweak supports all jailbroken iOS 11 devices.
Note: If you aren’t already using the Chariz/HASHBANG Productions repository, then you can use this tutorial and information piece to learn how to add it to Cydia.
Do you think Notepad will improve your note-taking productivity? Share in the comments.