Unlike the traditional battery level indicator in the iPhone X’s notched Status Bar, Bazzi aims to provide users with more information at a glance by displaying the battery level percentage within the battery level indicator itself. This ultimately lets you avoid having to open Control Center to see the numeric percentage.
The concept might sound familiar because of a recent release called PercentageBatteryX, but don’t be fooled; Bazzi has significantly more to offer than the latter.
Not only does it come with four unique themes to pick from, but it also incorporates two different notch-based battery indicators that follow the curves of the iPhone X’s OLED display, as shown above.
Bazzi adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure the look and feel of the tweak:
Here, you can tinker with the following options:
- Choose the battery level indicator style
- % + Battery
- Toggle the notch-based battery indicator on or off
- Have the notch-based battery indicator pulse while charging
- Make text in the battery level indicator bold
- Make text in the battery level indicator colored
- Hide or show the battery level indicator icon
The developer includes a Respring button at the bottom of the preference pane for saving your changes. You’re advised to use it any time you adjust the settings to ensure they take effect.
In what might be one of the most exciting new jailbreak tweak releases for the iPhone X handset to date, Bazzi promises to improve upon a feature that Apple seriously fell short on. Personally, I think it does a great job, and you might too.
Bazzi is available from the Hashbang Productions repository in Cydia for $1.99. Because this isn’t a default repository, you’ll need to add it to Cydia yourself by following the steps below:
1) Launch the Cydia app and go to the Sources tab.
2) Tap on the Edit button and then tap on the Add button.
3) In the text field of the pop-up that appears, type in the following repository URL:
4) Tap on the Add Source button and wait for the repository to load into Cydia.
Please note that Bazzi only works on iPhone X handsets; it’s not meant to be installed on any other iPhone.
Do you like what Bazzi does to improve the battery level indicator experience on the iPhone X? Share in the comments section below.