The biggest feature addition is the ability to mask images.
An all-new Mask Image feature lets users apply a mask to an image in nearly any shape they’d like, which would often be a task relegated to a photo editing app. By default, users can mask an image with a rounded rectangle (with an adjustable corner radius), ellipse and an icon.
The Add Things To-Do feature has been enhanced as well, and is now using the Things automation integration that was added in the last Workflow update.
Workflow 1.7.8 changelog
Here is the full changelog as found on Workflow’s website.
- Added a new Mask Image action
- Added new fields to the Add Things To-Do action
- Dictionary items are now reorderable in the Dictionary action
- The URL scheme now supports opening workflows — see documentation here
- Improved the PDF to text coercion; extracting text from PDFs now works much better
- Improved drag and drop handling; you can now drop content onto a workflow in My Workflows without waiting for spring-loading
- New Mask Image action
- Workflow names are now case-insensitive
- Fixed a crash when running the Edit Image action
- Fixed Todoist and Slack authentication when using a Google account
- Fixed an issue where icons from Search App Store and Get My Workflows were saved as JPEG, not PNG
- Fixed an issue where the Encode Media action may not delete temporary files properly when encoding to MP3
- Fixed an issue where the Custom X-Success URL parameter of the Open X-Callback-URL action did not work
- Fixed an issue where variables could not be added to arrays in the Dictionary action
- Fixed an issue where booleans could not be added to dictionaries inside dictionaries in the Dictionary action
- Fixed an issue where a duplicate workflow could appear after searching for a workflow
- Fixed an issue where Workflow could crash when deleting many workflows at once
- Fixed an issue where double-tapping a variable button cleared the variable
- Fixed an issue where the Tweet and Post on Facebook actions did not work from the Today Widget or Apple Watch
- Fixed an issue where passing the output of Scan QR Code to Open URL did not work properly
- Fixed an issue where workflows could not be edited after being opened via 3D Touch
- Performance improvements to workflow running
- VoiceOver improvements
- Other bug fixes and minor additions