Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced that their new mobile game called DC Legends is now available worldwide on the App Store following a recent soft-launch in select markets. A strategy role-playing game for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, DC Legends has you forming unlikely alliances of Super Heroes and Super-Villains from across the DC universe. The game is available for free from the App Store.
Action RPG set in the DC universe
“As the shadow of the Blackest Night prophecy falls on every world, sheer will alone cannot save the shattered DC Universe,” teases the blurb. First assemble an all-star team of Super Heroes, then join Superman, Batman, The Joker and more in a battle against Nekron and the Manhunters.
Since this is a strategy game, you’re advised to rely on your gray matter and strategic thinking rather than quick reflexes. Here’s the super powered launch trailer for DC Legends.
You’ll need to collect allies such as Green Arrow, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Batman and many more, as well as unlock various abilities, acquire super powers, boost your stats and much more.
DC Legends highlights
Here are the things you should like about DC Legends:
- Collect and form teams of Super Heroes and Super-Villains from across the DC Universe
- Construct your own allegiance of the Justice League or build your own Lantern Corp
- Unite unlikely allies such as Green Arrow, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Dr. Fate, and Harley Quinn to create the perfect lineup for each mission
- Battle against Nekron and the Manhunters in a story-driven campaign across iconic DC locales, including Metropolis, Themyscira, Thanagar and more
- Immerse yourself in cinematic action and vivid environments that bring each encounter to life as you unleash Superman’s Heat Vision, Bizarro’s Flame Breath, or Flash’s Speed Force Vortex on wave after wave of undead foes
- Compete against other players around the world to demonstrate your superior team-building skills to climb the ranks in 14 unique Leagues with escalating rewards
- Earn new characters and additional rewards through daily and weekly special events tied to the latest in DC comics, movies and TV
- Collect iconic and powerful gear for your hero, like Batman’s Batarang, Sinestro’s Power Battery, or Lex Luthor’s Kryptonite Ring, to upgrade their combat abilities
- Rank up your Super Hero and Super-Villain to five star and become a Legend
- Legendary heroes not only exhibit more powerful stats, but have improved Super Powers and a whole new visual persona