Confirming earlier hints, Apple this morning announced that the Apple Watch Nike+, a special version of the Apple Watch Series 2 it’s created in partnership with Nike, is going on sale this coming Friday, October 28. The $369 device has the same industrial design, price and hardware features as the Apple Watch Series 2.
It also packs in exclusive perks like special fluoroelastomer Nike Sport Bands available in a choice of four colors with perforations to reduce weight and improve ventilation, Nike-branded watch faces and complications and more.
“Running is one of the world’s most popular activities for staying in shape and being healthy and with Apple Watch Nike+, runners will be even more motivated to achieve their performance goals,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s Chief Operating Officer.
“The response so far has been incredible and we’re thrilled to get Apple Watch Nike+ onto customers’ wrists starting Friday.”
The Nike-branded watch faces were inspired by Nike’s design style and can be customized with complications like Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather.
Apple has shared pricing and availability details:
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in two different aluminum case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm and pairs with four exclusive Nike Sport Band color combinations including Black/Volt, Black/Cool Gray, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in 38 mm at $369 (US) and in 42 mm at $399 (US) from Apple.com, Nike.com, Apple Stores, select Nike retail stores, select Apple Authorized Resellers and select specialty stores and department stores, including Macy’s and DICK’S Sporting Goods. For local availability, visit www.apple.com/apple-watch-nike or www.nike.com/applewatch.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available on Friday, October 28 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available on Saturday, October 29 in Bahrain, Greece, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available on Sunday, October 30 in Israel.
- Nike Sport Bands are available exclusively with Apple Watch Nike+ models and not sold separately.
Apple Watch Nike+ also comes preloaded with the new Nike+ Run Club app.
The app sports basic and advanced mode, Siri integration, running reminders every Sunday, invitations to let you know you’re falling behind your workout regime, guidance from the world’s best coaches and athletes and coaching plans that adapt to your unique schedule and progress and more.
From Apple’s description of the app:
The Nike+ Run Club app is seamlessly integrated into Apple Watch Nike+ and offers daily motivation through smart run reminders, challenges from friends and even alerts informing when the weather is right to get outside.
Training data, including pace, distance and heart rate are available at a glance, and through shared run summaries, the app promotes friendly competition, even allowing users to send fist bumps to each other, right from the wrist.
“Apple and Nike share a passion to make life easier and more fun and we’re excited to bring a great running experience to consumers around the world,” said Trevor Edwards, president of the Nike Brand.
“Apple Watch Nike+ with Nike+ Run Club app combine to deliver a powerful device with a simple running solution for all athletes and is another example of Nike’s commitment to bringing innovative products to the market.”
As mentioned, the device has the same hardware features as the Apple Watch Series 2, including built-in GPS that tracks your pace, distance and route even if you don’t have iPhone on you, a brighter screen, swim tracking and water resistance up to 50 meters.
Apple has said that owners of the Apple Watch Nike+ will be automatically enrolled in Nike+ Run Club, giving them access to live runs around the world.