Online retailer Amazon has scheduled a second annual Prime Day event for July 12. The Prime Day 2016, a one-day shopping event exclusive to Prime members, will be the biggest global Amazon event ever with new deals starting as often as every five minutes throughout the day.
“With 100,000 deals exclusively for Prime members, across nearly all departments and product categories in ten countries, there will be something for everyone,” the company said. Members in the United States can shop starting on at midnight PT on the 12th.
New and existing Prime members in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, and Austria can take advantage of Prime Day 2016.
“Following last year’s record sales, we have dramatically increased the inventory behind many deals,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President of Amazon Prime. “In fact, in the United States we have nearly double the TV units compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined”.
In addition to blockbuster deals on Prime Day, including a 32-inch TV bundle with a Fire TV Stick for $119.99, Amazon will offer countdown deals for Prime members every day from July 5 through July 11.
These deals will include gadgets on-the-go, products perfect for summer travel, for foodies and outdoor living, back-to-school and in-home essentials and daily deals on top of TV series and blockbuster movies available to rent or purchase.
Prime Day 2016 highlights
- Deals are Everywhere—Members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries.
- Lots of TVs—The deal inventory of TVs in the U.S. will be nearly 2x than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Toys All Day—Members in the U.S. will find toy deals nearly all day on Prime Day.
- Watch-A-Deal—Readily track and shop any deal while at home or on-the-go with the Amazon App. Learn more at amazon.com/watched.
- Sort by Category—Newly-enhanced deal shopping is designed to help customers swiftly sort deals by category.
- Alexa Specials—There will be benefits to being an owner of an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap on Prime Day.
- More Sellers—Twice as many small business sellers around the world are participating in Prime Day this year.
- More to Watch—Members will find unbelievable deals on some of today’s top rated TV series and popular blockbuster films to rent or purchase and instantly stream on Amazon Video.
- Tips and Tricks—Find helpful advice on how to shop on Prime Day.
Prime members can receive notifications on their favorite deals through the mobile Amazon app and can customize alerts for specific deals to their liking. Prime, which costs $99 per year, gives subscribers unlimited access to Amazon video content, free two-day shipping with one-hour delivery on certain orders and other perks.
To participate in Prime Day, sign up or start a free trial of Prime on or before July 12 by visiting amazon.com/primeday (you can cancel anytime).
On the first annual Prime Day in 2015, worldwide Amazon Prime members ordered an impressive 398 items per second, exceeding Black Friday records at the time, said the firm.