iTunes U, Apple’s application that gives you access to its collection of free education content on iTunes and lets you create your own teaching material, was refreshed today in the App Store with half a dozen new features.
Among the biggest enhancements is integration with iOS 9’s Spotlight Search as well as support for the Managed Apple IDs and the Shared iPad features, which are both part of Apple’s new classroom experience in iOS 9.3.
Bumped to version 3.2, the refreshed iTunes U app will now surface its collections, courses and your own content in Spotlight Search, allowing you to find educational material from any Home screen.
iTunes U 3.2 highlights:
The full list of changes in iTunes U is as follows:
- iTunes U now supports Managed Apple IDs and has been optimized for Shared iPad
- Collections, courses and your content are now searchable from Spotlight Search
- Ability to search assignments anywhere within iTunes U and via Spotlight Search
- Improved experience in countries where restrictions are enabled by default
- Improved offline syncing of grades and private discussions
- Minor performance and stability improvements
iTunes U requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 8.3 or later, with the Shared iPad and Managed Apple IDs features requiring iOS 9.3 or later.
The app is localized in LangEnglish, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.