Pixelmator 2.2 now works great on the iPad Pro and takes full advantage of Apple’s $99 Pencil stylus accessory. In addition, Pixelmator now includes full support for 3D Touch gestures on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
With 3D Touch, not only can you access Pixelmator’s Home screen shortcuts (Open Galley, Open From Photos and Create Image), but also paint directly in the app with pressure sensing. And if you 3D Touch an image in the gallery, you can access options to quickly preview, duplicate, share, delete or copy the image to the Photos app. Pressing deeper takes you to full screen.
Lucky iPad Pro owners can now edit up to 100-megapixel images on their 12.9-inch tablet and paint with their Apple Pencil. Pixelmator supports the full range of the Pencil’s advanced features, including seamless palm rejection, and provides matching brushes with pressure told and acceleration sensitivity.
Pixelmator 2.2 highlights
Here’s the full list of new features and fixes in Pixelmator 2.2:
iPad Pro support:
- Create and edit images with Pixelmator on the iPad Pro.
- Sketch and paint even more naturally with full Apple Pencil and palm-rejection support, as well as specially tailored brushes, featuring pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity.
- Open and edit images up to 100 megapixels.
3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus:
- Paint with 3D Touch-sensitivity.
- Press firmly on the Pixelmator icon on the home screen to instantly open your Pixelmator gallery, create a new image, or open an image from Photos.
- Press firmly on an image in your Pixelmator gallery to quickly preview it, duplicate it, share it, copy it to Photos, or to delete it.
More improvements and fixes:
- A collection of artist-designed Basic brushes, including the new Pixel brush.
- Enhanced crop and straighten performance.
- Auto-straighten to straighten images with a single tap.
- Cropping-lines now snap to objects in your composition.
- Ability to increase font size up to 1000 pixels.
- Pixelmator is no longer the default app for opening PDF documents from iCloud Drive.
- Text with a shadow is now exported correctly.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
This updates is provided at no cost to existing users of the app.
Pixelmator requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 9.0 or later. The app is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Traditional Chinese.
Pixelmator for Mac is currently $29.99 in the Mac App Store.