Scanbot, a comprehensive mobile scanner app for documents and QR codes, has been refreshed in the App Store today with several new features and refinements, including more accurate edge detection and a new color filter for text documents which produces scans that often look better than the original.
Scanbot is fully compliant with iOS 9, supports 3D Touch shortcuts on the Home screen and actions within the app and can recognize a wide variety of bar codes, including UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, Code 39 mod 43, Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13, ITF14, PDF417, Aztec and DataMatrix.
The enhanced edge detection algorithm deals with cases when the document is crumbled with better automatic cropping and improved accuracy of edge detection.
As for the new Magic filter (available to Scanbot Pro users only), it does seem to produce some rather stunning results. Take a look for yourself at the ‘before’ and ‘after’ comparison of the Magic filter below.
Following its August 2014 App Store debut, Scanbot quickly climbed the App Store charts, emerging as the best and most widely used mobile scanner on the iPhone.
In September alone, the company registered more than one million of scans in Scanbot. The new Magic color filter and the improved edge detection algorithm will be coming soon to Scanbot for Android, developers said.
Scanbot 4.3 highlights
This is what’s new in Scanbot 4.3 for iOS:
- Added a Magic Color Filter for Pro users: it magically enhances the quality of your scans.
- Completely re-designed and revised smart naming functionality.
- Improved accuracy of document detection and better automatic cropping.
- Fixed a rare bug occurring when connecting certain types of WebDAV servers.
- Minor improvements and optimizations.
If you have an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, you can press the app’s Home screen icon firmly to access various action shortcuts. Within the app, you can use 3D Touch to:
- Instantly start scanning single or multipage documents, scan a QR code or start a search with the new Quick Actions feature.
- Peek inside documents and perform common actions without having to go back and forth.
Scanbot is a freemium app with advanced features available through the In-App Purhcase mechanism. Scanbot Pro includes a powerful text recognition engine, theming, smart file naming, WebDAV, FTP, passcode protection with Touch ID support, fast full-text search, PDF password protection and adding pages to existing scans.
Scanbot requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 8.0 or later. The app is localized in English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Vietnamese.