The Weather Channel today announced bringing new real-time rain and lightning alerts to the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple Watch via an updated iOS app. The refreshed mobile software lets you receive the exact alerts for rain, snow and lighting strikes that are relevant to you and based on your location.
In addition, you can now set up fully customizable notifications based on personal preferences so you can receive timely alerts tailored to your preference.
“By combining the most accurate forecasts and weather data from The Weather Channel with real-time notifications, users have the information they need to get outside, stay safe and make the most of the weather,” said company.
In addition to the newly added real-time rain and lightning alerts, other cool features of The Weather Channel for Apple Watch include the following:
- Access your saved locations from Weather Underground’s Network of over 100,000 weather stations.
- “Force Touch” navigation for quick access to hourly, ten-day forecasts and saved locations.
- Notifications on the latest NWS severe weather alerts.
- Real-time radar and satellite imagery.
- View current conditions, hourly and ten-day forecasts in graph or list view.
The 44.3-megabyte app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 7.0 or later and contains a WatchKit extensions allowing you to run The Weather Channel on your Apple Watch.