Hey kids, if you loved The LEGO Movie now is your chance to enjoy the same fun characters and environments in an interactive iPhone and iPad game.
Released today in the App Store, the LEGO Movie Video Game contains more than 90 characters from the film and over 40 missions. It’s a classic LEGO fun so you’ll get to build your own virtual LEGO creations using the Master Builders.
The player guides a builder named Emmet who got drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an “epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.”
The storyline is just an excuse for solving various puzzles and creating your own environments using LEGO bricks.
Before you set out to build your own Master Builder creations, you’ll need to collect some blueprints in the form of LEGO instruction pages.
As mentioned before, The LEGO Movie Video Game includes over 90 characters from the film like, including Batman, Superman, the Green Ninja, Gandalf and Benny, to name but a few.
From the technical standpoint, the app packs in crisp visuals, attractive cinematics and pretty nicely animated characters and environments.
- A delightful and surprising mix of over 90 characters as seen from the film, including Batman, Superman, the Green Ninja, Gandalf, Benny, and more.
- Journey through fantastical worlds like Flatbush Gulch, Cloud Cuckoo Land, and more in 45 exciting levels!
- Smash bricks in a fascinating environment made of LEGO bricks.
- Collect and use LEGO instruction pages to build in a new way.
- Harness the awesome power of the Master Builders to virtually build extraordinary LEGO creations.
- Enjoy a brand new animation style as seen in the film that simulates the movement of actual LEGO toy sets.
Despite it being a premium release, Warner Bros. just couldn’t resist throwing in optional In-App Purchases that cost real money. Topping it all off is in-game advertising for Warner products and services.
To celebrate the game’s launch, they’re offering (for a limited time) the “Confetti” and “Bubble” Red Brick abilities at no cost via the In-App Purchase mechanism.
The universal download comes in at a massive 1.16GB and requires more than two gigabytes of free storage to install over-the-air.
iOS 7.0 or later is required.
The LEGO Movie is five bucks in the App Store.