There are several ways to transfer iPhone contacts to a computer, but the quickest and easiest way to do that might just be with an app. The concept is simple: use an app to export contacts, then email that list of contacts to yourself, or to whoever you want to share the contacts with. In this post, we’ll show you how to use an app called Export Contact to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a computer.
Note that while this post was made using an iPhone, you can as easily follow these steps to transfer contacts from an iPad to a computer.
1) Download Export Contact from the App Store.
2) Launch the app.
3) The app will ask access to your Contacts list. Allow it access by tapping OK.
4) Choose what file format you want to back up your contacts with. You can pick from vCard, CSV, and Excel. If you want to transfer these contacts to your computer for later importing them into an email program, I’d suggest using the vCard file format, which is compatible with the vast majority of apps out there.
5) Tap the Continue button. The app will then back up all your contacts locally on the device and prepare them for export.
6) Once the backup completed, tap on the Export button to choose a way to transfer your contacts. You can now send the file with any means app available on your computer. You can for example save it to Dropbox, or, if you want to save it locally on your computer, simply email it to yourself, which is what we are doing for the purpose of this tutorial.
7) On your computer, either a Mac or a PC, you can open the email you sent to yourself and save the .vcf file anywhere you want. Depending on what you want to do with the file, you might want to save it to your Documents as some sort of backup, or if you want to import it to a Contact management or email app, simply open this application and import the .vcf file.
Again, there are several ways to transfer contacts from an iPhone or iPad to a computer, but this is certainly one of the easiest as it doesn’t require any cable or seemingly complicated steps that my mom would be afraid of.