In addition to as many as 120 new cards and a Spectator mode allowing third-parties to watch game matches, the expansion brings out a new Mech minion type, both neutral and class-specific and allows you to control these powerful Mechs with special weapons and volatile abilities.
Moreover, players are now able to tinker with minions using spare parts and even watch their friends’ games in progress with the all-new Spectator Mode. Our friends over at TouchArchade have put together a nice gameplay video, check it out below.
Needless to say, you can get the new cards either by spending in-game coins or buying some virtual currency for real cash through In-App Purchases. The new cards are available at the same price as old expert packs and it’s great that players can now craft new Goblin vs Gnomes cards, too.
And here’s the official trailer.
For the time being, the expansion pack is only available in the U.S., with a release in other countries coming over the next day.
Here’s your changelog:
- Don’t let Goblins and Gnomes have all the fun building things: All Goblins vs Gnomes cards have been added to the Arena and can be chosen even if you do not have them in your Hearthstone collection.
- All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a “gear” watermark in the card text box.
- Expert card packs have been renamed to “Classic” card packs. Classic card packs are still available to acquire in the in-game Shop as well as through Crafting Mode.
- New minion type “Mech” has been added. Use Mechs along with other Mechs for surprising (often devastating) results!
- An all-new interactive Goblins vs Gnomes-themed game board has been added. Turn the gears, wind the springs, and try not to blow anything up in the process. We warned you.
Download Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft free in the App Store.
The Mac edition is available for download at no cost through Blizzard’s website.