Following Staples’ lead earlier today, Target has updated its mobile app with support for Apple Pay payments. Those with compatible devices can now pay for everything in their carts with a single tap of Touch ID without having to signup for a Target account or enter credit card info.
The update also brings about in-app product reviews, so you can see what customers think of their purchases. This is something every retailer needs to implement, if they haven’t already. as shopping trends continue to indicate that more consumers are researching before buying.
Here’s your full 7.1 change log:
- Apple Pay – Pay for your entire cart in one tap using Apple Pay. No Target account required.
- Reviews – Get the inside scoop by reading reviews on product pages.
- Mobile Coupons – Your favorite way to save is back. Sign up in the app and redeem in-store.
- Black Friday Store Maps – Find all of the door-busters in your store during your Black Friday Target Run. Open the app between 6pm on Thanksgiving and 8am on Black Friday for a special easter egg.
- Search – Search is faster, more relevant and easy to access from the top of the Featured and Find tabs.
- Ways to Buy – Tap “ship it” or “pick up” on product pages to add to your cart.
- Store Finder – See your nearest store or the store you shop most with the app, or get details on other nearby stores.
- Checkout – We’ve made many more improvements to checkout to help make buying easy. Plus, get free shipping just for the holidays. Order by December 19, and get delivery before Christmas.
This is a big update for Target, as it prepares for the busy holiday shopping season. Apple Pay support is important, as it lowers the barrier of entry for folks wanting to make purchases through the mobile app, and both mobile coupons and improved search are also welcome changes.
If you’re interested, you can find the latest version of the Target app in the App Store for free—you’ll need an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 to take advantage of Apple Pay. Also, be sure to check out our post on the deals Target will be offering on Black Friday.