Runtastic on Thursday released an interesting new iPhone application in the App Store which focuses on improving your sleep habits without using a wearable device, bedside sensor or any kind of special hardware.
The new Sleep Better software is fully integrated with Apple’s HealthKit platform so it can optionally upload your sleep data to Apple’s Health app on iOS 8, allowing you to access and view all of your health and fitness data on one comprehensive dashboard.
Tapping the iPhone’s many sensors and supporting Airplane mode, Sleep Better not only tracks your sleep patterns such as Cycles, Duration and Efficiency, it also tracks moon phases and offers Smart Alarm and Wake-Up Window features and more.
Sleep Better is available free in the App Store, with advanced features locked behind a one-time In-App Purchase.
Just place your iPhone on bed, next to the pillow, to monitor your sleep quality.
You’ll be able to review long-term stats to ensure you’re getting enough nap time and there’s even a Dream Notes feature that breaks down the data into easily digestible charts and trends.
By tracking your sleep, the app helps improve your sleep quality, whether you struggle to fall asleep, want to learn how your daytime activities influence your sleep efficiency or simply want some new alarm sounds to help you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to seize the day.
Check out Sleep Better in the below video overview.
- Track your sleep duration, cycles and efficiency with the simple tap of a button
- Make use of all tracking features, even when in airplane mode, by simply setting your device on your bed (next to your pillow)
- Develop a better understanding of your light sleep, deep sleep & time spent awake in bed, (when falling asleep or waking up in the morning)
- Use the Smart Alarm to wake up at the ideal time within your personalized Wake-Up Window
- Enjoy a variety of alarm sounds and snooze functionality for a perfect, personalized start to your day
- Enter daily habits & variables, such as caffeine consumption, exercise info, alcohol consumption and stress level, to determine the effects of these variables on your sleep quality
- Monitor moon phases
- Keep a dream diary to learn what you dream about most and what percentage of your dreams are good, bad or neutral
- Note your moods as part of your daily stats upon each wake up
- View sleep history – your personal tracking log – within a clean, modern app design, including daily stats and overviews for longer time periods (i.e. a selected week or month)
- Filter history taking daily variables into account to determine when you’re sleeping best
- Integration with Apple HealthKit
The 38.3-megabyte app requires an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 7.0 or later.